Lion Pride Community Update 10/13/2023
Whether you have a concern (or praise!) about your student, the school in general, or otherwise, Mr. Thomas and Ms. Gardner want to hear from you! A few ways to be in touch:
- Email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t hear back, it’s because we missed your message or haven’t gotten to it yet, so don’t hesitate to follow-up.
- Call the front office at 206-252-7400 to schedule a meeting.
- Join Muir’s Family Resource Hour to connect with school Admin (Wednesdays 12:00-1:00 in the Muir Library; translation support is provided).
- Connect with us at drop-off or pickup.
October is our “Anti-Bullying Month.” John Muir will take a proactive stance on Anti-bullying and kindness with a month-long emphasis on being kind to one another, unity within our community, and bullying prevention. Here is a list of things that will happen in October:
- Teachers and Staff will provide lessons and activities around anti-bullying and kindness.
- We will have community circles within the building around how students want to feel in school.
- Staff and students will recognize kindness throughout our building with “Random Acts of Kindness Cards.”
- Kindness Week is October 16-20th. Within “Kindness Week” we will have Unity Day on October 18th (students can join staff in wearing orange for Unity) and will conclude with an all-school assembly Friday, October 20th. Be on the lookout for flyers around campus. Here is our weekly themes and optional dress-up attire chosen by 4th and 5th grader student leaders.
Mount Baker Playdate
Sat, Oct. 21st,1-3 pm. Playdate will feature a bake sale to support our school! Come play rain or shine. Location: Playground at S McClellan Street & S Mt Baker Blvd, Volunteer email@example.com.