Principal’s Community Update 5/25/23
No School Monday, May 29 for Memorial Day
Explorations Day Requests
- We need socks (either with a match or without) ~ all sizes, patterns and colors are welcome, the fluffier the better! Please no stained, white, or socks with holes.
- We also need old crayons, toilet paper and paper towel cardboard rolls, paper cups, old yarn and fabric, boxes, magazines (age appropriate), and any other materials for recycled art projects!
The Boys and Girls club wants to gauge interest in afterschool care and transportation for Muir families. Please complete the After School Care and Transportation Survey by 5/28/23
- May 24-26 MAP Testing Kindergarten (Send in healthy snacks if you wish!)
- May 30-June 1 MAP Testing 1st-3rd Gr (Send in healthy snacks if you wish!)
- May 31 PTA Café 7:55-9:00 ~ Coffee, tea, and treats in cafeteria; all are welcome!
- Fri, June 2 Explorations Day
- June 5-9 MAP Testing 3rd-5th Gr (Send in healthy snacks if you wish!)
- Tues, June 6 3rd Gr Field Trip ~ Lincoln Park 9:30-1:30
- Fri, June 9 3rd Gr Field Trip to Seattle Asian Art Museum
- Tues, June 13 at 7-8:30 pm: PTA working meeting. Topics include 2023-24 board elections and advocacy. Attend in-person (Muir library) or by Join June PTA Working meeting via Zoom (passcode 099994). All are welcome!
- Wed, June 14 Multicultural Night 4:00-7:00 on playground (hosted by PTA; enter off 34th Ave)
- Fri, June 23 Kindergarten Celebration 1:30
- Tues, June 27 5th Gr Graduation 1:30
- Thur, June 29 5th Gr to Family Fun Center 10:15-1:45
- Fri, June 30 Last Day of school, 1-hour early dismissal ~1:25
Let’s close out Muir Bike and Walk to School month!
- Submit bike/walk/roll bingo cards to teachers by May 31 for the chance to win prizes.
- FREE bike helmets. If your child needs one, complete this short survey by May 31. Helmets save lives!
- The Muir Transportation survey will inform SDOT and our school. Due on May 31!
- Share Walk/Bike stories with email@example.com for the next PTA newsletter!
- The Walking School Bus (starts @ 38th Ave S/Andover, stopping at Rainier Court) through June 30!
Questions? Contact the front office: 206-252-7400. Erika and Helina are always happy to help! You may also email Alana Haider (principal) firstname.lastname@example.org or Quinta Thomas (ass’t principal) email@example.com